Monday 9 September 2013

BOOK REVIEW : Breaking Silence 2 by Rohit Shetty.

A BOOK FROM A HEART, FOR A HEART & TO ALL HEARTS...


'Breaking Silence-2' the second pearl from the string of the 'Breaking Silence Series' yet again, a book filled with rhymes of the heart. As the cover page of the book portrays this book is a collection of poems that express the emotion of pain, suffering, loneliness, memories, tears, friendship and love. Most of the poems in this collection will connect with a situation in your life so well to put you down to tears. The words, the feelings and the story narration in most of the poems are personally connecting the life of any and every ordinary man.

My Personal Favorite pick from this book is :

I Miss You

I love you more
than mere words can say
so why do you always make me
feel this way

i do anything
i can do to please
but you just leave me
begging on my knees

i don't think my heart
can bear this much more
even though i am angry now
it is only you that i adore

(cont.)


And one that has always been lingering my mind since its first read... the one that will tickle every heart... the one that gives birth to a thought, "aahh!! wish i had someone who says this for me"

I'm Here For You

If ever you need me,
i'll be right here,
to chase away the sadness
and wipe away a tear.

if ever you need me,
i'll be two steps behind,
to follow in your footsteps,
and hear whats on your mind.

(cont.)

The poet, Mr. Rohit Shetty has amazingly succeeded yet again to pen down this thoughts, feelings, memories of love, hatred, pain, care, loneliness, appreciation, admiration and many more in the music of his rhymes. Though most of the poems do not have a regular rhyme scheme but still one's mind just wonders with its flow.

One strange thing spotted was... you will find few poems written from a feminine narrative voice. Beautifully read, understood and represented a Girl's Heart.

MUST READ!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment