Monday 7 July 2014

Paper Boats


I sat reading my Diary by the river bank.
pages filled with words, rhymes & memories 
of people, moments, places, things I loved.
but, its final page remained blank.

Giggles of children downstream by the bridge
made my past events flowing in my head, abridged
their faces reminding me of the lost innocence
Of the lost time, of the empty presence
I tore the first page of my diary 
and folded it shaping it into a paper boat 
that page with my name, now
was set on the downstream to float

it bobbed down the river 
reaching a lonesome toddler 
he stretched his hand and pulled it over 
and looked at me with a smile for more 

i tore the second page to make another one
more kids caught the sight and made a run
i gently pushed the paper boat in their direction
it glided down towards their breathless anticipation

pages filled with words, rhymes & memories 
of people, moments, places, things I loved
were now transformed into paper boats
not in waste though, joy to those kids it served. 

broken, hollow, empty but light 
felt my heart watching that sight

Then i saw that toddler making his way to me
he came and handed me a Beautiful Blank Diary 
we spoke nothing just shared a smile 
"keep writing" he said. promptly i replied, "I WILL"


Happy Reading! Happy Monsoons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment