Tuesday 29 July 2014

P.S. I Love You - Poetic Tribute


This one is specially for all P.S. I Love You fans  

You will be reading this letter when I’ll be gone 
Lazing in the bed like dead 
I’m sure you will be singing my song 

The same song that once you hated me sing 
At the karaoke night
After a few shots of gin 

You preferred dying of cold 
But hated to wear my fav leather jacket 
You lingering in it now, once you called it rugged and old 

You were always worried about our tomorrow 
I hated the thought coz 
It killed your smile and put you to sorrow 

It wasn't that I was not concerned
I only wanted to live the fullest with you 
Before my weak heart died and burned 

I knew I was dying 
“I can’t imagine a day with you not around.” 
I remember you said this crying 

So, by my words I thought to stay with you for a while
“Hi, this is Gerry. Busy to take any calls now, shall revert soon.” 
Hearing me on the answering machine? Stop hitting the redial

To feel my presence, to feel me near 
You need not pile up my stuff on you
I live in every breath you take, dear

You made my life so beautiful and gee 
But I was just a chapter
Promise, you have better things to see 

I did and I will, always love you 
But don’t fear to fall in love again
Don’t be guilty; I know you love me too 





2 comments:

  1. PS I Love You is one of the best novels I have come across ... touching, deep, soulful and mesmerizing ... I loved how this poem has been woven keeping all these elements in mind. Good one :-)

    ReplyDelete